Your cart is currently empty!
DIY Kit: Small
Small hand packaged kit for making whole-cloth quilts – front panel is not included in this kit.
This pack comes with most things you will need to make a whole-cloth quilt. It does NOT come with the front panel, you can purchase this separately or, with one of the panels I have specially created that are in the fabric area of this store.
Please note; I make up all packs individually and therefore every pack will have a different selection of yarns and applique fabrics. At this moment in time, I am not able to make packs up with specific, detailed requirements.
This kit includes the following and is based upon a front panel that is up to 60 x 60 cm / 23 x 23′ in size.
- Wadding [bamboo / cotton mix] 75 x 75cm
- Backing [100% cotton] 85 x 85 cm
- Hand cut bias binding, 6.5cm / 2.5” [100% cotton]
- 4 x needles [inc sashiko, quilt & fine]
- Sashiko thread collection [inc solid & variegated]
- Selection of different weight [thickness] threads for details / highlights
- Erasable fabric pencil
- Needle threader
- Selection of fabrics for applique [include hand printed / painted / plain samples]
- Applique paper [Stitch & Wash fusible]
What is NOT included:
- Sewing machine [although whole-cloth quilts can be fully made without the need for a sewing machine]
- Front panel for the quilt
- Cutting tools
- ‘Normal’ sewing thread – the type used in a sewing machine.
When you purchase a quilt, you gain access to my online resource teaching the key practices of whole-cloth quilting.